6.24.2008

Thank you notes are cool

David Godine once told me that his mother used to make him write his thank you notes every evening. Such is the life of the child of a Bostonian mother. I, on the other hand, was not raised that way. My grandma always wrote hers, but did not force me to do so. Although Southern and slightly gentile (or sometimes slightly redneck depending on the day), I always say please, thank you and yes, mam/sir, but can be quiet ungrateful when it comes to handwriting notes. This is not the case with many of the review Santa Fe participants. Please find below the list of names and some scans of lovely gifts of appreciation I received for my time and words. Thanks to you for being thankful!


The back of the card from Keliy Anderson-Staley. ©Keliy Anderson-Staley


A photogravure from Angela Franks Wells. © Angela Franks Wells

A little book on Hurricane Katrina by Andrew Kaufman. ©Andrew Kaufman


No comments: